On Diwali, the BSE and NSE will hold one-hour’muhurat trading’; check timings, significance, and other details.
- Indian stock exchanges BSE and NSE will hold Diwali “muhurat trading” on October 24 from 6:15 pm to 7:15 pm to close old accounting books and start Samvat 2079.
- In a circular, the exchanges said the block deal session will run from 5.45 pm to 6 pm and the pre-opening session from 6 pm to 6.08 pm.
- On October 24, the bourse will be closed for regular trading due to Diwali and Laxmi Pujan, but it will open for an hour for muhurat trading, a symbolic and ancient trade ritual.
- Trading during the “muhurat,” or auspicious hour, is supposed to bring stakeholders financial success.
- Markets are expected to be quite volatile due to the hour-long trading window & the avenues of investment available are equity, commodity derivatives, currency derivatives, equity futures & options, and securities lending & borrowing (SLB) in the same time slot.