GM suspends Twitter advertising.
- After Elon Musk finalised his takeover of Twitter, General Motors Co. stated late Friday it had temporarily suspended sponsored advertising.
- The largest U.S. carmaker was “working with Twitter to determine the trajectory of the site under their new ownership.”
- Twitter did not immediately comment. Musk also runs Tesla, rivals of General Motors.
- “As per regular process of business with a substantial change in a media platform, we have temporarily suspended our paid advertising,” GM stated.
- The Detroit manufacturer said “customer care contacts on Twitter will continue.”