Shiv Nadar tops EdelGive Hurun philanthropy list, Azim Premji slips to 2nd spot; Adani’s giveaways rise 46%
- Shiv Nadar, founder of HCL Technologies, has reclaimed the title of “India’s Most Generous” with an annual donation of Rs 1,161 crore.
- According to the EdelGive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2022, the billionaire donated Rs 3 crore per day.
- Azim Premji of Wipro has dropped to second place with an annual donation of Rs 484 crore, a 95% decrease. With a donation of Rs 190 crore, Premji is the only living Indian on the Edelgive Hurun Philanthropists of the Century list.
- Meanwhile, Asia’s richest man, Gautam Adani, was ranked seventh on the list, with his donations increasing by 46%.
- Mukesh Ambani, chairman of Reliance Industries, was ranked third once again with a whopping 3-year donation of Rs. 1446 crore.