Bharti Airtel Q2: Net profit up 89%, ARPU at Rs 190
- Bharti Airtel, India’s second-largest telecom business, reported second-quarter (July-September) profits on October 31.
- Due to robust data traffic increase, the company’s Q2FY23 consolidated net profit grew 89% to Rs 2,145.2 crore from Rs 1,134 crore.
- Profit met experts’ expectations. Revenue rose 22% to Rs 34,526.8 crore from Rs 28,326.4 crore in the previous quarter.
- Analysts predicted 75 to 110 percent YoY net profit increase and 20 percent sales growth.
- EBITDA rose 26.4 percent YoY and 6.7 percent QoQ to Rs 17,721.2 crore. EBITDA margin was 51.3 percent compared to 49.5 percent last year and 50.6 percent the quarter before.