Flipkart burns $3.7 billion in cash by September 2022.
- According to regulatory documents, Flipkart burned through USD 3.7 billion (about Rs 30,000 crore) in cash in about a year ending in September 2022.
- Flipkart had USD 1 billion in cash in July 2021, but by September 2022, that amount had decreased to USD 887 million.
- According to Flipkart and Walmart’s regulatory filings, the company raised USD 3.6 billion (about Rs 29,000 crore) in July 2021, and that funding has since been totally depleted.
- According to estimates from the sector, it is the largest cash burn in a year by any new-age company in the nation.
- According to a regulatory filing, Walmart has about USD 1.1 billion as of July 31, 2022.