- Toyota is aiming to begin mass production of solid-state batteries for electric vehicles (EVs) by 2027 or 2028.
- Toyota recently achieved a breakthrough that could significantly reduce the cost and size of solid-state batteries, potentially making EVs more affordable and compact.
- Solid-state batteries have the potential to double the range of EVs, offering up to 1,200 kilometers (approximately 745 miles) on a single charge.
- These batteries are expected to enable faster charging times, with a target of 10 minutes or less.
- Toyota is collaborating with Idemitsu, a Japanese oil company, to advance the technology required for mass production of solid-state batteries.Toyota is not alone in this endeavor, as other major automakers like Nissan and Ford are also actively researching and investing in solid-state battery technology.