- SKion Water GmbH, the watertech investment arm of Susanne Klatten’s SKion GmbH, has acquired a majority stake in Sanpure Systems Pvt Ltd, a Hyderabad-based company specializing in high purity water systems for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sectors.
- While the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, it’s estimated to be in the range of $9-10 million.
- Sanpure Systems is known for its custom-engineered solutions for pharmaceutical high-purity water systems and operates a fully integrated facility in India with automated polishing machines.
- The company manufactures customized process equipment and systems for various industries, including pharmaceuticals, bio-pharmaceuticals, API, food & beverages, and semi-conductors.
- SKion Water plans to integrate Sanpure with its solutions and leverage the synergy between the two companies, with an emphasis on exploring export markets and utilizing Sanpure’s expertise. SKion Water is a global water and wastewater technology solution platform founded by Susanne Klatten in 2011.