- Google has pledged to invest $2 billion in the AI startup Anthropic, separate from its earlier $550 million investment in the same company.
- Anthropic was founded by former OpenAI executives and has received previous investments from Google, Salesforce, and Zoom. It was valued at $4.1 billion earlier this year.
- Anthropic has also signed a multi-year deal with Google Cloud worth more than $3 billion, enhancing its partnership with the tech giant.
- Earlier this year Amazon invested around $3 billion in Antropic in August, this may be part of same round of fundraising.
- Anthropic had discussed a valuation between $20 billion and $30 billion, according to the people, a pricetag that was deemed too high by some investors. Earlier this year, the startup had a valuation of about $5 billion, according to PitchBook data.