- India remained the top source of new immigrants to OECD nations in 2021, with 407,000 Indians moving to these countries, marking an 86% increase from 2020.
- China and Romania were the second and third largest sources of immigrants to OECD countries, with 283,000 and 215,000 immigrants, respectively.
- Out of Indian immigrants to OECD countries, 133,000 were granted nationality of these nations, with the United States, Australia, and Canada being the primary countries for these acquisitions.
- Canada welcomed the highest number of immigrants in 2022, with 375,000 new citizens, up 174% from 2021, primarily from India, the Philippines, and Syria.
- Asia, particularly China and India, accounts for the majority of international students in OECD countries, with India’s number of students more than doubling since 2014. Canada is a prominent destination for Indian students, along with Latvia, Australia, Germany, New Zealand, the UK, and the USA.