- Reliance Jio will not raise consumer tariffs for its telecom services, even with the rollout of 5G.
- The company aims to continue offering “affordable accessibility” to attract over 240 million subscribers still using 2G networks on rival telecom providers.
- Jio’s focus is on customer acquisition as people migrate to data-centric, internet-heavy plans.
- The decision aligns with the vision of Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani and Jio chairman Akash Ambani.
- Reliance Jio’s strategy signals an aggressive competitive position in the Indian telecom market.