- Lenskart, the multi-channel eyewear brand, has acquired the AI-based computer vision startup TangoEye.
- Chennai-based Tango Eye had previously raised $500K led by Lenkart, Riso Investments and Gaurav Gulati in October 2020.
- The acquisition will enable Lenskart to utilize visual AI technology for improving the in-store and product experiences.
- Lenskart has been expanding its presence through acquisitions, including a majority stake in Japan’s Owndays and minority stake in Le Petit Lunetier.
- Lenskart claims to encompass 500 home eye test representatives and 2,000 brick-and-mortar stores spanning across India, Singapore, Japan, Thailand, Taiwan and the Middle East. The company raised $500 million in March followed by a $100 million round in June