Nvidia to Challenge Intel With Arm-Based Processors for PCs
- Nvidia, a leader in AI computing chips, is working on designing central processing units (CPUs) to run the Windows operating system for PCs.
- Microsoft is facilitating this effort to enable chip companies to develop Arm-based processors for Windows PCs, aiming to compete with Apple’s Arm-based Mac chips.
- Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) is also planning to create chips for PCs using Arm technology, along with Nvidia.
- Qualcomm, which has been producing Arm-based laptop chips since 2016, is set to reveal details about a flagship chip designed by ex-Apple engineers.
- These developments could challenge Intel’s long-standing dominance in the PC market, as Apple’s success with Arm-based chips has set new standards for performance and energy efficiency.