- Women’s participation in India’s workforce increased to 37% in 2022-23, up from 23% in 2017-18.
- Government schemes aimed at women have played a role in raising their workforce participation.
- The government is emphasizing the importance of women’s inclusion in policy-making and leadership positions.
- Skills development and retraining of women are essential to adapt to changing technologies and boost the country’s workforce.
- The unemployment rate in India has decreased to 3.7% in 2022-23 from 6% in 2017-18.
- Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan distributed appointment letters from various central organizations to 172 individuals, furthering employment opportunities.