- PhonePe, a Walmart-owned fintech company, is expanding its e-commerce platform, Pincode, to compete with other major online retailers in India, such as Flipkart, Amazon, JioMart, and BigBasket.
- Pincode is currently operational in ten major Indian cities, including Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi, and Chennai.
- The platform plans to expand its services to Tier-II and Tier-III cities in India, including Coimbatore, Udupi, and Bhopal.
- Pincode focuses on hyperlocal commerce and offers a variety of products, including groceries, pharmaceuticals, fashion, and electronics.
- The platform has attracted over 1.2 million registered users and onboarded approximately 75,000 stores, with around 600,000 orders placed since its launch.