- Union Food Secretary Sanjeev Chopra has assured that prices of essential food items will remain stable during the festival season.
- The decision to allow sugar exports during the 2023-24 marketing year will be determined after the agriculture ministry releases sugarcane production estimates.
- Various government measures have been implemented to ensure price stabilization, including trade policies and stock limit norms.
- The government has used its tools judiciously to prevent any significant price hikes in food items during the festival season.
- The opening stock of sugar at the beginning of the new marketing year on October 1 was 57 lakh tonnes.
- Sugar export restrictions have been extended beyond October 31 to increase the availability of sugar in the domestic market during the festive season.