- Indian blue-collar worker migration to GCC nations increased by 50% in the first seven months of 2023.
- Reasons behind this surge include economic opportunities, better salaries, and shifting migration patterns.
- Kerala experienced a drastic 90% decrease in migration over the last decade, with Uttar Pradesh and Bihar becoming prominent contributors.
- Top states sending laborers are UP, Bihar, Kerala, West Bengal, and Tamil Nadu, while Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, and Oman remain preferred destinations.
- Dubai’s Indian migrant workforce in 2023 is mostly aged between 20-40, with a noticeable rise in female migrants, particularly in hospitality.