- Hundreds of OpenAI employees, including co-founder Ilya Sutskever, expressed dissatisfaction, demanding the resignation of the remaining board members or they would potentially join Sam Altman’s new venture at Microsoft.
- 490 out of 700 employees threatened to depart unless the board resigned and reinstated Sam Altman as CEO, expressing concerns about the board’s competency in managing OpenAI and the termination process of Altman and Greg Brockman.
- Satya Nadella announced the recruitment of Altman and Brockman for a new advanced AI research team at Microsoft following Altman’s unexpected exit from OpenAI.
- Ilya Sutskever expressed regret over the board’s actions and pledged to reunite the company, posting on the internal forum X and affirming his love for OpenAI.
- Altman was removed from his position on November 17, citing issues of inconsistent communication with the board. Mira Murati was appointed as interim CEO, later replaced by Emmett Shear, former CEO of Twitch, in a swift reorganization.