- Amazon has launched a new 198-megawatt (MW) wind farm in Osmanabad, Maharashtra, India, marking its 50th wind and solar project in the country.
- This expansion has increased Amazon’s renewable energy capacity in India to over 1.1 gigawatts (GW).
- Amazon’s wind and solar farms in India have contributed to generating an estimated $349 million (INR 2,885 crore) in economic investments for Indian communities between 2014 and 2022.
- The wind farm in Osmanabad is the seventh utility-scale renewable energy project announced by Amazon in India in the past year.
- Amazon has been actively collaborating with Indian policymakers, regulators, and industry stakeholders to enhance corporate renewable energy procurement opportunities in the country.