- Walt Disney’s ESPN sports network, which faces declining sales and profit, could have an enterprise value of $24 billion.
- Disney aims to retain a 51% majority interest in ESPN and is looking for an outside investor or partner to assist in the network’s transition to streaming.
- A 36% stake in ESPN may be up for sale, considering media company Hearst’s 20% stake.
- Interested parties for ESPN could include sports leagues, tech firms like Apple and Amazon, and telecom distributors like Verizon and Comcast.
- While ESPN is a strong and premier brand, potential buyers might face challenges in a rapidly changing media landscape, making the benefits of acquiring the network “nebulous.”