Burry, famous for ‘Big Short,’ places bearish bet against semiconductor ETF
- Michael Burry, known for “The Big Short,” increased bearish options on semiconductors, investing $47.4 million in put options against the iShares Semiconductor ETF.
- Burry closed out bearish options on the S&P 500 and Nasdaq 100 while eliminating prior positions held against popular ETFs in the second quarter.
- Soros Fund Management sold Nvidia shares but added 80,000 shares in Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC); Man Group also liquidated its Nvidia shares.
- Renaissance Technologies LLC sold its entire stake in Nvidia, whereas Tiger Global Management and Eisler Capital increased their Nvidia holdings.
- Both Duquesne Family Office and Man Group liquidated their entire stake in TSMC; TSMC’s depositary receipts surged 32.8% this year but declined nearly 14% in the third quarter, while Nvidia shares skyrocketed by 240% year-to-date and rose 2.8% in the last quarter.