- Amazon India observed a 2.5X increase in premium smartphone sales compared to the previous year.
- OnePlus and Samsung were the most popular smartphone brands during the initial two days of Amazon’s sale event.
- Apple’s iPhone sales surpassed 1.5 million units during the first week of Indian festive sales.
- Smartphone sales in India saw a 6-8% year-on-year increase during the Diwali festive season, largely driven by the heightened demand for 5G connectivity and replacement needs.
- General trade market share experienced a significant rise, up by 35-40% year-on-year, indicating an overall better Diwali sales performance compared to the previous year.
Source Business Standard