- The government has reserved 75% of the defence capital acquisition budget for purchases from local companies.
- This is to ensure adequate demand assurance for the domestic industries.
- The government has also taken other steps to support MSMEs in the defence sector, such as launching the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX) initiative.
- The government has also provided collateral-free loans to MSMEs through the MUDRA scheme.
- The government is committed to the welfare of small industries and is working to find solutions to their problems.
- India is on track to become self-reliant and a global manufacturing hub.