- The Indian government has approved 110 out of 111 applications for importing laptops, computers, and IT hardware products.
- Major hardware companies like HP, Lenovo, IBM, Apple, Dell, and others were among those whose applications were approved.
- This decision follows the government’s abandonment of plans to impose a licensing regime on IT hardware product imports.
- Simultaneously, authorities introduced an “import management system” to regulate inbound shipments of IT hardware products.
- The move aims to facilitate the smooth import of essential IT hardware and equipment for companies operating in India.