- India’s gross direct tax collections until November 9 reached Rs 12.37 trillion, marking a 17.5% increase from the same period last year, according to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
- Net collections, excluding refunds, rose by 21.8% to Rs 10.6 trillion during the same period.
- The tax refund issued by the Centre between April 1 and November 9 amounted to Rs 1.77 trillion.
- The current tax collection represents 58.15% of the total Budget Estimates for the fiscal year 2023-24.
- Corporate Income Tax (CIT) showed a gross growth of 7.13%, while Personal Income Tax (PIT) increased by 28.29% compared to the previous year.