Jio 4G Feature Phone Shipments jumps with 300%
- 4G feature phone shipments in India witnessed a remarkable 300% year-on-year growth during the July-September quarter, driven by the launch of JioBharat phones.
- The growth is attributed to the competitive price point of JioBharat phones, priced at Rs 999, and their features, including Unified Payments Interface (UPI) integration and various applications.
- JioBharat K1 Karbonn and JioBharat V2 collectively hold a significant 63% market share in the 4G feature phone segment.
- While the 4G feature phone segment thrived, the overall feature phone market declined by 6% year-on-year in the same quarter, largely due to a 27% decline in 2G feature phone shipments.
- The transition from 2G to 4G is picking up pace in India, primarily due to the affordability and accessibility of low-cost internet-enabled 4G feature phones. 4G feature phones now constitute 32% of the overall feature phone shipments