- The Karnataka government is developing a preferential public procurement policy with a focus on buying products and services from startups to support the state’s startup ecosystem.
- IT-BT minister Priyank Kharge announced this initiative at the Big Tech Show in Mysuru.
- The policy will make the state government the first customer under the program, facilitating the procurement of products and services from startups.
- Karnataka currently has over 25,000 startups, with 15,000 receiving government support.
- This policy is expected to further promote startup growth and innovation in the state.