- LIC (Life Insurance Corporation) reported a 50% fall in net profit at Rs 7,925 crore for the quarter ended September 30, compared to Rs 15,952 crore in the same period last year.
- The net premium income decreased to Rs 1,07,397 crore in Q2 of the current fiscal, down from Rs 1,32,631.72 crore a year ago.
- First-year premium for the reporting quarter increased to Rs 9,988 crore, compared to Rs 9,125 crore in the year-ago period.
- LIC’s total income declined to Rs 2,01,587 crore in the latest September quarter, compared to Rs 2,22,215 crore in the year-ago period.
- The solvency margin of LIC increased to 1.90% in Q2 of the current fiscal, compared to 1.88% in the same quarter a year ago.