- Netflix has reached 15 million active users per month for its ad-supported tier, a year after its launch.
- The company initially had five million monthly users on this tier in May, and has been increasing prices on its ad-free plans to encourage more users to opt for the ad-supported tier.
- Last month, Netflix raised subscription prices for some streaming plans in the US, UK, and France, following strong Q3 subscriber additions.
- After resisting ads for years, Netflix introduced the ad-supported plan in April 2022 after experiencing a drop in subscribers in Q1.
- Amazon’s Prime Video is set to introduce ads and a higher-priced ad-free tier next year, following the industry trend.