- Saudi Arabia is exploring the possibility of acquiring a multibillion-dollar stake in the Indian Premier League (IPL), a popular cricket tournament in India.
- Advisers of Saudi Arabian Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman have engaged in discussions with Indian government officials regarding the potential consolidation of the IPL into a holding company.
- The proposed holding company is estimated to have a substantial valuation, potentially reaching up to $30 billion, highlighting the significance of this investment.
- The IPL is one of the most lucrative and widely followed cricket leagues globally, attracting significant attention from investors and businesses.
- This move reflects Saudi Arabia’s interest in diversifying its investments and expanding its presence in the sports and entertainment sector, both in India and internationally.