- SpaceX’s Starlink, the satellite internet unit, has achieved cash flow breakeven, according to CEO Elon Musk.
- Elon Musk previously stated that Starlink would go public once it had reasonably predictable cash flow.
- Starlink has expanded its satellite network to around 5,000 satellites in low-Earth orbit since 2019, becoming the world’s largest satellite operator.
- Musk highlighted that Starlink now represents a majority of all active satellites and will have launched a majority of all satellites from Earth by the next year.
- Starlink plays a crucial role in providing satellite communications to regions like Ukraine and Gaza and has seen strong revenue growth, reaching $1.4 billion last year. SpaceX is valued at approximately $150 billion, making it one of the world’s most valuable private companies.