- Udaan, an Indian e-commerce startup, is working on cost reduction and partnerships with consumer brands as it prepares for an IPO in 2025.
- The company aims to achieve operating profitability within 18 months, aligning with its IPO timeline.
- Udaan faces competition from major players like Reliance Industries and Walmart’s Flipkart in helping smaller merchants source goods.
- The company is focused on maintaining steady financial performance and retaining market share among shopkeepers and manufacturers.
- Udaan has ventured into financing through its fintech unit, which provides working capital loans to shopkeepers, and this business is growing and profitable.