- Professionals who invested in upskilling in the last 3-5 years experienced a 2.5X increase in appraisals and 2.3X more frequent promotions.
- upGrad’s India Career Upskilling Report Vol. 1 reveals insights from 3,500 white-collar professionals in urban India.
- Upskilling brought benefits beyond financial gains, including 1.7X improved job security.
- Women who upskilled found it easier to return to work after a career break and experienced 4.8X improved career stability.
- 48% of individuals self-sponsor their upskilling journeys, with a primary focus on technical skills (61%), online courses (55%), and professional certifications (35%).
- Employer-sponsored training mainly focuses on industry-specific training (64%) and soft skills development (55%).
- People who upskilled in the past 3-5 years stayed six times longer in their new careers.