- The US will provide $553 million in financing for Sri Lanka’s West Container Terminal in Colombo, developed by Gautam Adani.
- This funding aims to boost Sri Lanka’s economic growth and regional integration, particularly with India.
- The investment is part of the US’s efforts to counter China’s influence in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Colombo’s port is strategically important, with nearly half of all container ships passing through.
- The US funding may serve as an endorsement of the Adani Group and the port project, despite corporate fraud allegations.