- Adani Group secured a $553 million US government financing deal for a port terminal in Colombo.
- The deal is seen as international support and a strategic move to counter China’s maritime influence.
- Adani Ports eyes expansion in neighboring countries like Bangladesh, East Africa, and Southeast Asia.
- Despite challenges and reputational risks, Adani’s businesses have shown resilience and gradual growth.
- Global trends suggest a potential shift away from large bilateral infrastructure deals, creating opportunities for firms like Adani.