- RBI, HDFC Bank, and ICICI Bank received a bomb threat via email, prompting Mumbai Police’s intervention.
- The threatening email demanded the resignation of Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- The threat specified 11 bomb attacks at various Mumbai locations for the following day, which was thoroughly investigated by the police.
- The email, from the address ‘Khilafat India,’ accused Sitharaman and Das of involvement in a significant scam.
- Mumbai Police initiated a case at the MRA Marg Police Station to investigate the threatening email.