- Apple reportedly considering a shift from LCD to OLED displays for iPads and MacBooks starting 2024 and 2025 respectively.
- High-end iPads expected to feature OLED screens in 2024; a MacBook model with OLED display in development for possible release in the latter half of 2025.
- Transition to OLED likely to benefit Korean and Chinese display makers like Samsung and BOE while posing challenges for Japanese and Taiwanese LCD manufacturers.
- Counterpoint Research predicts a rise in OLED screen adoption in tablets to 15% by 2024, driven by Apple and Samsung, potentially consolidating the market among LCD producers.
- Apple is exploring the concept of foldable iPads, although specific details and a timeline for their release remain undisclosed.