- Bengaluru-based PlasmaGen Biosciences raised Rs 225 crore from investors including Artian Investments, Ashish Kacholia, Anurag Bagaria, and Dushyant Patel, along with Eight Roads Ventures and F-Prime Capital.
- The biopharma firm intends to allocate the funds towards international expansion, product development, and working capital needs, specializing in blood plasma-derived pharmaceutical products.
- Founded in 2010 by Vinod Nahar, PlasmaGen focuses on producing life-saving drugs such as albumin, immunoglobulins, and other plasma-derived products for India and emerging markets.
- The company’s investor-backed mission aims to enhance access to these crucial blood-plasma-derived products for patients across India and other emerging nations.
- PlasmaGen recently established a new manufacturing facility in Bengaluru, equipped to process up to 5 lakh liters of plasma annually, and possesses additional capacity for manufacturing new therapeutic products.