- Nitin Gadkari opposes driverless cars in India due to job loss concerns for drivers, estimating 70-80 lakh (7-8 million) potential job losses.
- Emphasizes protection of jobs and asserts he won’t permit driverless cars in India to safeguard employment.
- Welcomes Tesla’s operations in India but prohibits manufacturing cars in China for sales in the Indian market.
- Stresses the importance of preserving employment opportunities for drivers in the country.
- Firmly opposes the introduction of driverless cars to prevent job displacement within the driving workforce.