- Google showcased Gemini’s multimodal capabilities in a video titled “Hands-on with Gemini: Interacting with multimodal AI” that garnered millions of views. However, it’s revealed that the video presents a staged demonstration, not genuine real-time interactions.
- The impressive interactions portrayed in the video were not spontaneous but were carefully crafted using text prompts and still images. Gemini’s responses were pre-mediated, leading viewers to misunderstand its actual capabilities.
- Contrary to the video’s seemingly spontaneous responses, the actual interactions required explicit prompts and specific instructions, revealing significant limitations in Gemini’s genuine real-time performance.
- Google’s misleading presentation of Gemini’s capabilities raises ethical concerns about the company’s transparency and honesty, eroding trust in its technology.
- The video’s misrepresentation damages Google’s credibility, impacting how users perceive the authenticity and capabilities of its AI models.
- The deceptive portrayal might negatively impact Google’s reputation and users’ trust in the company’s claims regarding AI advancements, potentially hindering its competitiveness in the AI space.