- Trucks manufactured on or after October 1, 2025, are required to be equipped with air-conditioned cabins for drivers.
- The mandate applies specifically to vehicles falling under the N2 and N3 category.
- The cabins’ air conditioning systems must undergo testing as per the IS14618:2022 standard.
- The decision aligns with the road transport ministry’s endeavor to improve the working conditions of truck drivers.
- Implementing air-conditioned cabins aims to address the challenges faced by drivers who often work in extreme heat, prioritizing their comfort and well-being.