- ANI Technologies, Ola Electric’s parent company, faces scrutiny by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in a copyright infringement case involving music company Lahari.
- Lahari filed an FIR against ANI Technologies for allegedly playing songs on ‘Ola Play’ devices without a valid license, leading to the legal dispute.
- Despite a settlement agreement between Lahari and ANI Technologies in August 2022, the ED issued summons to ANI seeking information regarding this settlement in December.
- Ola Electric, the face of ANI Technologies, is confronting 169 cases before consumer grievance redressal commissions, collectively demanding damages worth INR 4.47 crore.
- These disclosures were part of Ola Electric’s draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) submitted to SEBI, shedding light on legal disputes and consumer grievances involving ANI Technologies