- Indian real estate sector rebounded post-pandemic, recording a six-year high in housing sales in July-September.
- Concerns surfaced with a surge in unsold housing inventory, exceeding Rs 1 lakh crore, signaling challenges despite recovery.
- Some regions witnessed a decline in unsold homes, indicating strategic sales of older inventory by developers.
- High inventory, while a concern in a downturn, is advantageous amidst strong sales momentum and rising consumer demand.
- Luxury housing sales surged, but affordability challenges impacted the affordable and mid-price segments due to increased home loan rates.