- India’s renewable energy investments are expected to surge by over 83% to approximately $16.5 billion in 2024.
- The nation is aggressively pursuing renewable energy targets, aiming for 65% power generation capacity from non-fossil fuels by 2030, surpassing the set goal of 50%.
- Emphasis on green hydrogen initiatives, including the National Green Hydrogen Mission and the Strategic Interventions for Green Hydrogen Transition Scheme, aims to reduce reliance on fossil fuels.
- The National Green Hydrogen Mission aims to achieve a capacity of 5 million metric tonnes per annum of green hydrogen production by 2030, setting up hydrogen hubs at major ports.
- Industry leaders anticipate India becoming a global hub for green hydrogen production, foreseeing increased investments and technological advancements in the renewable energy sector.