- Tata Motors opposes lowering import taxes on electric vehicles (EVs) in India.
- Discussions with Indian officials have been initiated by Tata Motors to convey their stance against proposed tax reductions.
- The company argues that investor decisions were based on the assumption of unchanged tax policies favoring local entities.
- The Indian government is considering reducing import taxes on fully assembled EVs for up to five years to boost domestic manufacturing and EV adoption.
- Tesla aims to invest $2 billion in India, contingent upon a significant reduction in import taxes to as low as 15% for its EVs in the initial two years.