- Google rebrands its large language model from Bard to Gemini, launching Gemini Ultra as its most capable model yet.
- Gemini Ultra will be available through a new $20 Google One tier, which includes 2TB of storage and access to Gemini in Google Workspace apps.
- The Duet AI brand will be sunsetted and replaced by Gemini for AI features in Workspace.
- Gemini Advanced will be available in more than 150 countries and territories initially in English, with Japanese and Korean next on the roadmap.
- Gemini Ultra 1.0 is touted to set the state of the art across various benchmarks in text, image, audio, and video understanding.
- Gemini Advanced users will need to sign up for the new $20 Google One AI Premium plan to access the Gemini Ultra 1.0 model.
- The AI Premium plan includes all benefits of Google One Premium plan along with access to Gemini Ultra and upcoming Gemini integration in Google Workspace.
- Existing Google One subscribers will also get a two-month free trial if they upgrade to the new AI Premium plan.