- Meesho has launched Valmo, a last-mile logistics marketplace allowing micro-entrepreneurs to become partners and deliver orders in their nearby areas.
- Currently, only logistics partners handle Meesho’s orders, but the platform may open up to other e-commerce companies as well.
- Valmo aims to create a national logistics solution by removing entry barriers for local players and aiding in their business growth.
- Meesho is developing technological capabilities internally and with SaaS providers to facilitate deliveries through a disaggregated network.
- Partnerships with ElasticRun, FarEye, LoadShare, and Shipsy have been established to create the tech stack for Valmo.
- Valmo manages over 9 lakh orders daily, constituting approximately 18% of third-party e-commerce shipments in India, with nearly 3,000 micro-entrepreneurs involved.
- This initiative has generated around 35,000 indirect jobs through sustained engagement with local partners.
- Meesho’s move aligns with its position as the third-largest e-commerce company in India, with a focus on leveraging a marketplace model rather than establishing a full-stack logistics infrastructure.
- Meesho continues to collaborate with existing logistics partners like Delhivery, Shadowfax, XpressBees, and Ecom Express for its logistics requirements.