- Satya Nadella, CEO of Microsoft, touted the company’s advancements in AI during an event in Mumbai, India, emphasizing Microsoft’s position as a leader in the field.
- Nadella highlighted Microsoft’s AI offerings and urged businesses in India to explore AI to boost productivity and refine their products, warning against falling behind in adopting AI technology.
- He stressed the importance of India ramping up its efforts in AI, noting that the country has become the second-largest talent base for AI developers on GitHub.
- Microsoft announced plans to offer AI skilling opportunities to 2 million Indians in smaller cities and towns by next year, aiming to contribute to socio-economic progress.
- Nadella praised unique AI initiatives in India, such as Karya, an “ethical data company” that creates datasets in multiple Indian languages to train AI models while providing jobs and education in rural areas.