- Tata Group is reportedly in advanced discussions with Taiwanese iPhone manufacturer Pegatron for a joint venture in India, according to a Reuters report.
- The joint venture aims to jointly operate Tata’s existing iPhone manufacturing plant located in Tamil Nadu’s Hosur city.
- Pegatron currently contributes around a tenth of Apple’s annual iPhone production in India, highlighting its significant role in the joint venture.
- Tata Group, a salt-to-software conglomerate, is seeking to expand its iPhone manufacturing unit across India and has completed the acquisition of Wistron’s manufacturing facility in Karnataka in November of the previous year.
- This move underscores the conglomerate’s strategy to strengthen its foothold in iPhone manufacturing in India through partnerships, leveraging Pegatron’s expertise.